It’s that time!
We need your trees to showcase at the BSF annual convention!
The size of this year’s exhibit is somewhat limited. However, there should be plenty of room for a quality event! If you are attending this year’s BSF convention and you believe you have one or more outstanding, exhibit-worthy bonsai trees that you would like to submit, then we want you! Submitting your tree does not guarantee a spot in the exhibit, but don’t let that stop you. We have 35+/– spots depending on the sizes of trees. Read the linked rules, fill out the form, take pictures, and return to the Exhibit Selection Committee by April 15, 2013.
Official Entry Form: 2013 BSF Exhibit
The committee will review all submissions, choose the trees based on size, variety, and quality.
You will be notifi ed by April 30, 2013. Please understand we have limited space this year, but it would be great to exhibit a high-quality representation of bonsai from across the state.
February 2, 2013 9:00am – Noon
You are invited to join us as a seller, buyer or browser. Items to be included are bonsai trees, quality pre-bonsai material, and any other bonsai related items such as pots, tools, books, etc. in addition to the auction, we will also have a silent auction, and items for sale.
Location: You must call Gail Santini 954-296-6333 for directions if you are not familiar with our location.
Access to the auction does not provide access to Flamingo Gardens.
For more information click the link below to access the full brochure
Here we go again –
2013 Bonsai Societies of Florida Annual Convention – Spring Breeze is on its way!
BSF would like to see every club participate on Saturday night, May 25, 2013. We are celebrating our 40th Annual BSF Convention. We are hoping you and your club members will bring their very best ideas along with your most unique material to help your club win a piece of BSF bonsai history. This year’s judges will be the BSF 2013 Headliners: Suthin Sukosolvisit, Sean Smith and Michael Feduccia.
1. The 2013Club Night is open to all BSF Member Clubs & Study Groups in good standing with Bonsai Societies of Florida.
2. Each participating club will donate their completed work of art for the 2013 Annual Auction.
3. The time allowed will be three hours, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at which time our judges will view the completed pieces and select the winner(s).
4. The winners will receive the following: First Place of $500.00, Second Place $250.00 and Third Place winner will receive $150.00.*
5. In addition to the bragging rights, the competition First Place winner will receive a perpetual trophy, en- graved with their club name and year. This trophy will circulate each year as a historical legacy of the Club Night Competition. Additionally, the club will return the trophy the following year’s convention where they will receive a smaller copy of the perpetual trophy.
6. Pre-registration is required and all entrants. Send to Club Night Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone must pre-register. Registration deadline: February 21, 2013.