Wigert’s Bonsai annual Open House
There will be free demonstrations all day both days, and the workshop schedule is listed below. If you would like to sign up for any of the workshops or activities call or email us as space is limited. We hope you can join us! There are plenty of hotels nearby for out of town visitors.
Open House Schedule
Saturday Feb 27th
- 9am Gates Open
- 10am workshop 1 Erik Wigert: Helen Johnson Bougainvillea $125.00 old nursery stock – in plastic bonsai pots.
- 1pm workshop 2 Pedro Morales: Buttonwood $100.00 collected trees with nice movement and natural deadwood.
- 3pm workshop 3 Adam Lavigne: Shohin Ilex Shillings $50.00 – old nursery stock with heavy trunks for shohin sized bonsai. – You will have the option to repot if you purchase a pot.
- 3pm Pedro Critique BYOT exhibit: Once again we will have the ‘Wigert’s Cup’. It is your chance to bring a tree and enter in a separate display to be viewed by the public for the weekend. Pedro will critique all trees in the exhibit at 3pm Saturday and the winner will be announced on Sunday. Entry is $10.00 per tree (limit 2). Trees must be dropped off before 12pm Saturday to be eligible to win. Winners will receive Gift Certificates and a special plaque.
- 5pm close
- 6:30pm Elegant Evening at Wigerts (Ticket Holders Only)
Sunday Feb 28th
- 9am open
- 10am workshop 4 Yrene Vasquez: Penjing $125.00 – Includes marble slab, trees, stones, accent plants.
- 1pm workshop 5 Pedro Morales: Brazilian Rain Tree $150.00 – Field grown trees from our old nursery. Large trunks with great potential!
- 4pm Styling competition: $25.00 entry fee. Participants will style similar plant material. Winner will be selected by Pedro and will receive a plaque and $100 Gift Certificate. All entrants will get to keep their own tree.
- 5pm close